Summer School on Modern Methods in Biostatistics and Epidemiology
June 5 – June 18 2016
Summer School on Modern Methods in Biostatistics and Epidemiology (Cison di Valmarino-Treviso, Italy)
The school offers introductory and advanced courses in mediacal statistics and epidemiology, and their application in etiology research and public health.
Modern medical research is becoming increasingly formalized. Today researchers, physicians and healt professionals are encouraged to use scientific data including controlled experiments and well-structured observational data as the source for decision making. Evidence-based medicine is entering into many subspecialties, including public health science.
The School provides participants insight into available analytical tools for planning research, handling data and interpretig results. Better understanding of scientific medical papers is also a goal and it requires not only knowledge of the topic being investigated but also an understanding of the research methods being used.
Examples include proper understanding of the meaning of a hazard ratio or a confidence interval and an understanding of the difference between a randomized controlled trial and a case-control study.
How to reach Cison di Valmarino
- From the highway A27 Venice-Belluno, take the exit for Vittorio Veneto Nord and follow directions for Follina and Valdobbiadene. After 12 km you will reach Cison di Valmarino, where CastelBrando stands.
- From the train station of Venice Mestre, connected to the main Italian and European cities, take the train to Conegliano Veneto. Once there, we suggest you continue by taxi or arrange a transfer (23 km-20′).
- Venice Marco Polo Airport (70 Km- 60′).
- Antonio Canova Airport of Treviso (50 Km- 40′).
- We suggest you to rent a car from the airport.